Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do?

What seriously worries me as you King is that there are going to be members of my society out there that might disagree with me on this point. I will not tolerate criminals in My Kingdom. I will not make apologies for swiftly and justly punishing those that put the harmony of our society in peril.

I recently read an email that had pictures of a prison that could have easily been mistaken for a resort. How and When did that happen? There is a difference between treating a prisoner humanely and spoiling them with room service and facials (the spa kind, not the Shawshank Redemption kind). Prison should not be a place to get a break from life and have downtime to relax.

Effective immediately, if you are in prison, then you are going to be assigned hard labor. And unfortunately I know that for many of those incarcerated out there that “hard labor” means 6th grade math, but I am talking about physical labor. There are holes that need to be dug, roads that need to be made, vegetables that need to be picked, toilets that need to be cleaned and bed pans that need to be emptied.

There are going to be other changes that need to be made to the current justice system, but besides the changes in our prisons for those already convicted, there are changes that need to be made to those that are about to be convicted.

If you run from the police, YOU ARE GUILTY. Why else would you be running? If you are not guilty of the infraction the officers think you are guilty of, then you must be guilty of something else, or you wouldn’t be running.

I will empower my police officers to dispatch punishment based on the infraction in the field. So you do not necessarily have to go to jail, but you must know that there are consequences for your actions. For instance:

1. If you run from the police, YOU WILL GET TASED!!! Even if you decide to give up at the end of the chase, the officers still get to Tase you. If you do not want to get Tased, then do not run.

2. If you steal a car, the police will give you the option of going to jail (hard labor) or getting a beating with their night sticks.

3. If you provide false information to the police, you will get Tased. Fortunately since everybody will be microchipped, you cannot hide your identity, but if you lie about anything, the officers get to Tase you on the spot.

4. If you assault a Police Officer, then you will be not only Tased, but also given the business end of a Night Stick. (I don’t care how many videos there are on the news about it)

These are a few of the MANY changes that will be made. What I want from the citizens of Commonland is to feel that they are safe. I know that I cannot eliminate all crime. In order to do that, I would have to eliminate every person in My Kingdom. There are always going to be people that choose to commit crimes, but hopefully they will think twice about their crimes when they are faced with the serious consequences of them.

Also, I know that many of you might be concerned with the flexibility and responsibility I am giving the police officers in My Kingdom. The saying of “Absolute power corrupts absolutely” could certainly apply. Stay tuned for my next posting about the requirements for becoming a police officer and more importantly the repercussions of abusing, misusing or failing to act as a police officer in My Kingdom. I will not lower the standards, but I will raise the expectations of those entrusted to protect the Citizens of Commonland. Also, I will address the crimes that will rightfully earn the death penalty in upcoming edicts.

Your Supreme Ruler

King Common

No comments:

Post a Comment